Oferty pracy > Project Manager in Expansion (m/f/d)
Opis stanowiska pracy
With the customer at the heart of everything we do, the Market Expansion team takes responsibility for implementing the strategic expansion plan for our market. We act upon business needs based on market data and we optimize accessibility and penetration of the local market. We implement our retailing concepts and secure that we fully utilise our assets in the new world of IKEA – all at lowest cost, with economy of scale and sustained profitability.
As a person you are passionate about creating an IKEA fit for the future. You get inspired by working together in an ever-changing multi-dimensional environment and energized by increasing customer value, driving business growth and contributing to overall success and results through people. Leading and developing people is one of your motivations as well as leading through co-creation with colleagues and other IKEA units and living the IKEA culture and values.
We believe you have minimum 10 years of experience of developing businesses and delivering results, minimum 5 years of experience in leading and influencing teams and managers and minimum 3 years of experience as a Project Leader in retail establishment. Furthermore you have proven advanced training in PPS (Practical Project Steering) for project leaders or equivalent and experience from managing change in a complex (multicultural) business environment.
You have knowledge in following areas:
• the Retail Estblishment Process
• proven and strong project management and cost management skills
• IKEA Retailing and operational requirements for our units
• about IKEA governance process and elaboration of investment requests
• IKEA concept, brand objectives, values and vision
• local market strategies, priorities and expansion planning process
• how to create and implement change initiatives and manage stakeholders in IKEA
• the IKEA multichannel shopping experience
• of how to set direction, create and manage goals and plans and follow up on KPIs
In addition you have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trustful relationships and you have excellent leadership capabilities in terms of the ability to lead, coach, motivate and influence a large team of co-workers and colleagues and the ability to communicate verbally, visually and in writing in an inspirational way with IKEA tone of voice. You have good analytical, presentation and administrative skills and the ability to prioritize, delegate and make efficient decisions with speed and simplicity, under high time pressure as well as take a holistic view of a global organisation and identify business opportunities accordingly. Furthermore you take responsibility from start to end, achieve goals and keep deadlines. You speak and write fluent English and German.
ABOUT THE JOB
In this role you will be responsible for managing, leading, developing and motivating local project team, for the realisation of the project objectives according to the project brief for establishment projects and also for continuous improvement of ways of working in establishment projects.
• be responsible for the status and overview of all ongoing projects
• ensure that lessons learned from previous projects are shared
• lead the development and continuous improvement of working methods in establishment and project management
• be involved and support the projects in a very early stage before the handover of a project to Project Leader for implementation
• ensure that lessons learned have been documented
• be responsible for proper handover to the line organisation
• ensure that Project Leaders have adequate level of competence in establishment
• support team in the establishment of the project
• lead, coach and develop a high performing team that will strongly contribute to reach the local market objectives and goals
• be a facilitator, coach and informal mentor to leaders in the markets
• take lead in working across functions within the market organisation and collaborate with Group Expansion
• enable all team members to share best practices with and across the organisation.
• take lead in driving an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values where our co-workers are informed, engaged and empowered
• lead positive change, and contribute to building a more unique, inclusive and accessible IKEA - guided by the People and Planet Positive commitments
In this role you will report to the Market Establishment Manager.
This role is located in Wallau and requires frequent travels.
Please let us know in your application about your salary request and your possible start date!