Who you are
As a person you are an energetic and strong leader who is motivated to work and make a difference within a Global company. You bring with you a robust portfolio of real estate development experience in the retail sector. You adopt a collaborative mindset to build and nurture relationships with various internal and external stakeholders. Along with your proven experience in securing real estate, leasing and land acquisition transactions, you are a someone who is an inherent negotiator, influencer and adaptor that can deliver business results and timelines. Experience in real estate development within Australia and/or New Zealand will be highly regarded.
As Real Estate Development Leader you will provide expert knowledge, deliver strategies, standards and guidelines to secure real estate. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Secure and divest locations to deliver safe, compliant, sustainable and innovative property solutions that meet the needs of the business and the many people.
• Lead and supervise the approval and execution of all public infrastructure, utilities and other off-site improvements in connection to all new and existing IKEA properties.
• Work with other internal functions, real estate partner s and local authorities to finalize the projects pending legal obligations after completed acquisitions (title) and permits approval (building permit).
• Minimise costs and risks related to the acquisition, leasing divestment, zoning, planning, permitting, value and operation of Ingka properties.
• Manage the procurement and contribution of all stakeholders to enable tasks related to real estate development.
• Support definition, development and securing implementation of Ingka Groups’ internal strategies and processes.
• Develop working relations with local authorities and communities, and proactively engage with authorities to gain support for development, planning and permitting of Ingka business such as big box retailing, large property developments, logistic developments, shopping centres and mix-use developments.
Together as a team
Real Estate at IKEA is committed to securing new and maintaining existing physical locations to meet the needs of the many people. You will provide strategic insights based on your knowledge and understanding of the real estate portfolio. To achieve
this you will take the lead in delivering safe, compliant, sustainable and innovative property solutions – with Democratic design and life cycle cost on top of your mind. You will actively maintain and secure that our properties are kept in relevant shape for the business.
What you need to know
We offer many benefits at IKEA other than just having the opportunity to work for a global company! Along with a focus on your personal and career development goals and being a part of an inclusive culture driven by values, you will be entitled to great initiatives including competitive salaries, 5 weeks of annual leave, paid parental leave, co-worker discount, subsidised meals in our co-worker restaurant, bonus program, full training and inductions, free parking and our TACK! loyalty program. If you’re interested in working with us, apply now!
These roles are permanent full time and temporary full time (fixed term 3-year contract) based in IKEA Service Office, Tempe NSW.