The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
IKEA Jurong is a unique city centre store in a popular shopping mall. It is a smaller store with a big turnover and with 3 milion visitors. It will be lead by an ambitious team consisting of the Store, Commercial, Operations, IKEA Food and a Retail Foundation Manager.
In your role as Sales & Service Generalist, you will ensure end to end shopping experience and apply home furnishing knowledge to provide relevant solutions to customers.
· To know and understand the customers’ shopping behaviour, retail trends & life at home and use this knowledge to provide the relevant solutions for our customers;
· To ensure that sales and profitability is secured through sales steering and range efficiency to maximise growth;
· To know the importance and actively work with replenishment proposal- securing the right parameters to ensure product availability ;
· To ensure that my area of responsibility is in excellent shape as new, fully stocked and that a high level of merchandising basics is always in place;
· To contribute towards improving the customer experience in the store and maintain a high level of service standard with a “First time right” mindset;
· To support a customer-friendly and efficient execution of the payments, exchange & returns and click and collect process.
· You have the ability to make things happen by championing flexibility, speed and simplicity;
· You have the ability to align customer needs and expectations with business needs.
· You have the ability to communicate with various levels of co-workers from different functions;
· You have the ability to work on agreed working methods independently and reliably
· You have the ability to find solutions for customer and operational issues.