Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude, and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Responsibility and accountability
•You supervise cashiers’ supervisor routines and ensure smooth and safe operations of cash office •Ensure that cash office is being operated in safe and secure manners
•You ensure that amounts collected at the end of shifts are exact and packed properly •You secure that cashier supervisor perform cashiers’ reconciliation correctly •You are responsible for preparing the day end cash report after counting and segregating all cash in cash office •Count and prepare cash for next day’s bank deposits •Ensure that packed cash is transferred to the bank through authorized security company •Secure that all checks deposited into banks on timely basis •Secure that all plastic money transactions, gift vouchers and gift cards transferred to store accountant along with cashier’s reconciliations •Ensure that all bank deposit slips are handed over to the store accountants on timely basis •Ensure that excess or shortage reports, prepared by cashiers’ supervisors, handed over to store accountant and HR on timely basis •Secure that any noticeable discrepancy should be immediately brought to the notice of customer service group leader •Ensure that assigned cash limit is maintained in daily cash office operations •Participate in annual inventory routines •Secure that all technical and IT equipment used in the checkout and cash room office is proactively maintained so that it is always operational •Oversee the adherence to safety and security measures to secure safe cash handling •Contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is strong and where the diversity of our co-workers and customers is valued and embraced
General retailing experience
• Must have a minimum 3-5 years experience in cashiers’ job
• Must have strategic, analytical and tactical abilities
• Must be computer literate and have Mathematical skills
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to share knowledge and learning
• Must be able to build working relationships
• Must be able to communicate in Arabic & English
• Must have customer-oriented personality, high degree of integrity and professional responsibility
• Must have the desire to work with people in a high-paced retail environment
• Must have the ability to bring out the best in co-workers and to motivate and develop the organization
• Ability and willingness to coach, support and develop others
• Very high communication and relationship skills
• A strong self-drive and ability to take initiatives
• Good organizational skill
• Ability to foresee and respond to current and future business needs
• Ability to use creative problem-solving skills in conjunction with IKEA’s core values
• Develop and maintain relationships and confidences with all levels.