The IKEA vision is "to create a better everyday life for the many people". We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region, such as the Philippines.
We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
Visit www.ikea.ph to find out more about us at IKEA Philippines.
About the job
Reporting to the CCC Manager, this TEAM LEADER role is responsible to build and retain a long-lasting relationship with new and existing customers in a multi-channel retail environment by valuing and fulfilling customer needs and expectations, understanding customer motivation and expectations, and ensuring a positive shopping experience that creates trust in the IKEA Brand.
· You assist the CCC Manager to manage and lead the staff and activities of the Operation Team, including recruitment, coaching, mentoring, training, scheduling and performance management utilising IKEA values;
· You assist the CCC Manager to promote high quality and competitively priced services for IKEA customers while minimising liability and losses;
· You ensure positive customer experiences through prompt & good response and actions to customers’ feedback or after sales related complaints including social media complaints via all channels;
· You initiate development activities to secure customers meet friendly, helpful and knowledgeable co-workers;
· You partner with managers and co-workers to influence and support overall positive working environment to include actions to secure a positive shopping experience in line with established customer service standards and a sense of urgency in addressing customer service issues;
· You prepare, analyse, assess and communicate designated After Sales oriented goals and results;
· You take a keen interest in the performance of IKEA and keep yourself informed about results and look for more effective ways of working to reduce costs.
· You have at least 2-3 years of leadership experience handling 15-20 co-workers/staff, working in a customer-facing, service-oriented, fast paced and multichannel retail environment; preferably in a customer support function or a call centre;
· You share our belief that customer loyalty is key to business success and are passionate about home furnishings and customer service;
· You enjoy interacting with people, able to communicate confidently and clearly in English and in the local language(s). You also have the desire to improve the experience of our customers. Problem-solving, coaching, mentoring, negotiation, and building trustful relationships come naturally to you;
· You are also self-reliant and motivated, calm, empathetic, and customer focused. You know your business processes and how the customers perceive their situation; have the ability to prioritise, resolve, and make customers’ needs known;
· As a Customer Contact Centre Team Leader, you are expected to contribute positively to your individual development, as well as your fellow co-workers by engaging in best practice sharing, process improvements and customer focused solution sharing.
This role requires flexibility in work hours, depending on store operational requirements.
Temporary work location will be at the 17th Floor, No. 8 Rockwell Building, Hidalgo Drive, Makati City.