The IKEA vision is "to create a better everyday life for the many people". We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region, such as the Philippines.
We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
Visit www.ikea.ph to find out more about us at IKEA Philippines.
About the job
Reporting to the CCC Manager, this SPECIALIST role is responsible for ensuring the satisfaction of all customers who contact the contact centre through all media. He/she does this by identifying their needs and offering simple, effective solutions to their enquiries by using in-depth knowledge of the IKEA range, services offered, and how our processes work.
· You are passionate about giving good solutions to the customers by identifying their needs and using your knowledge of the IKEA systems and processes. This allows the customers to make informed choices which leads to sales growth and profitability;
· You are empathetic and understand when your customers are angry and upset by their shopping experience; you remain calm and helpful, offering solutions to ensure they are satisfied with the overall service level and relationships are maintained;
· You utilize the contact centre tools to access information about the IKEA range, service offers, as well as national store activities and marketing campaigns and promote these appropriately to the customers thereby generating additional sales opportunities;
· You actively seek feedback and give feedback constructively to your colleagues in order to improve the shopping experience of all customers;
· You are available to help and support co-workers in your own department and other areas of the contact centre when required;
· You are aware of your unit’s action plan and take an interest in how you are meeting agreed goals and results.
· You have at least 3 years of experience in a customer facing support role, preferably in a customer support function or a call centre, in a fast-paced service/retail industry;
· You share our belief that customer loyalty is key to business success, and are passionate about home furnishings and customer service;
· You enjoy interacting with people, communicate well, and have the desire to improve the experience of our customers;
· You are also self-motivated, calm, empathetic, and customer focused. You know your business processes and how the customers perceive their situation, have the ability to prioritise, resolve, and make customers’ needs known;
· You are able to communicate confidently and clearly (both spoken and written), in English and the local language(s).
· You have are experienced in problem-solving and conflict-management.
This role requires flexibility in work hours, depending on store operational requirements.
Temporary work location will be at the 17th Floor, No. 8 Rockwell Building, Hidalgo Drive, Makati City.