Oferty pracy > Legal Counsel
Opis stanowiska pracy
Inter IKEA Group brings together three core businesses: Franchise, Range and Supply. Together we work constantly to improve the IKEA home furnishing offer and make it more accessible for the many people. You will be part of IKEA Supply and the Supply Chain Development organisation. IKEA Supply is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
Together, we create a workplace where everyone feels free to be themselves – to experiment, try new ways, and dare to ask, “What if…?” We believe in everyday personal growth and offer the opportunity to develop your career globally. At IKEA we have a vibrant culture where ideas are heard, where there is opportunity to learn new skills and where the goal always is "to create a better everyday life for the many people". We give down-to-earth, straightforward people the possibility to grow, both as individuals and in their professional roles. We offer this position in a fast paced, truly global environment with an endless supply of challenges and development opportunities.
IKEA Supply is a core business within Inter IKEA Group, responsible for sourcing, manufacturing, transporting, storing, and supplying the global IKEA range of furniture, furnishings as well as food.
The Legal & Governance function of IKEA Supply provides business minded legal advice within a wide spectrum of areas including e.g. commercial agreements, digital contracts, data privacy, liti-gation and arbitration, corporate, and governance structures. We are now looking for an experi-enced colleague focusing on legal support to the IKEA Supply digital organisation with commercial contracts as well as Data Privacy topics. You will be based in Pratteln, Switzerland, or Malmö/Älmhult, Sweden and report to an experienced Legal Counsel based in Pratteln, Switzer-land, and you will be part of a diverse organisation with global connections.
We are on the journey to transform our digital capabilities, bringing core business processes, peo-ple, data & technology together - an enabler for IKEA to become an even better home furnishing company in the future. A journey that needs passionate people who embrace change, dare to question and want to make a difference. If that sounds like you, come and join us. Together we can do great things.
We’re doing some amazing things in IKEA Supply chain; therefore, we need some amazing people – this position is not an exception. By working together with all other departments within IKEA Supply, as well as the other core businesses Range and Franchise, we will drive the digital trans-formation of the IKEA Supply organisation, improving and transforming existing businesses and developing new businesses to bring more diverse solution for an efficient supply chain.
The Legal Counsel is responsible to review, maintain and sustain the legal aspects of the businesses and operations in IKEA Supply. Furthermore, the Legal Counsel is responsible to support the management of IKEA Supply to secure the rights and assess the obligations in order to reduce exposure to legal risks. This includes responsibility to support in legal matters to the management of each defined functional unit of the Inter IKEA organisation, in this role mainly IKEA Supply, and to implement corporate governance for the companies belonging to IKEA Supply.
The assignment includes (with a focus on IT/Digital/Data Privacy):
· Providing day to day assistance on legal matters within contract management, commercial, development and collaboration agreements, partnership management and dispute resolution.
· Draft agreements to enable successful collaborations and support negotiations.
· Identify impact of developments in legislation and communicate this to the relevant stakeholders and determine which actions need to be taken.
· Identify legal consequences of business changes, advise the management of such consequences and suggest relevant actions to be taken.
· Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on opportunities to reduce exposure to risks and optimize opportunities.
· Ensure consistency in respect of the handling of legal matters.
· Maintain good relations and ensure good co-operation with other functions within the Inter IKEA Group, such as finance, risk, and other relevant internal and external stakeholders.
· In co-operation with other departments, advise in case of audits and provide input and where requested support in order to secure Inter IKEA Group’s position and support that consistent and accurate information is provided to authorities.
· Provide education to relevant stakeholders in the area of i.a. laws and regulations, standard agreements, internal corporate structures, decision making and managerial responsibility
You have in depth knowledge in the digital- and data privacy legal area and proven experience from working with this in a global organization. You have experience of dealing with risk and risk mitigation. You should have a solid technical understanding being able to provide legal assessments and advice considering the practical implementation and ability to drive change and continuous improvements. You have completed a degree in law with excellent results. You have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience as an in-house legal counsel or lawyer in an international legal or business environment. You have a solid understanding of legal systems (or have the ability to acquire) in countries where Inter IKEA Group conducts business and have operations. You have experience, understanding and a sincere interest in the legal aspects of IT/software/electronics development and thereto connected IP issues, and you are passionate about contributing with your knowledge to drive the business and optimise our performance.
We offer a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment where we both give and take responsibility. You will have the chance to grow with us professionally and individually. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with and support stakeholders and colleagues as well as share your knowledge with people in a global and dynamic context. In order to be successful in the job as Legal Counsel, you also need to be:
· Energetic, driven and committed to deliver results in a high paced environment.
· Experienced and motivated in working in a rapidly changing environment.
· Pragmatic, solution-oriented approach, with a sound judgement in a cost conscious manner.
· Fluent in English (written and spoken) and an excellent communicator with confidence to deal with complex situations together with internal and external stakeholders.
· Analytical and have the ability to communicate complex matters in an accurate, simple and inspiring manner.
· Business minded with extraordinary negotiation skills and high level integrity.
· Driven team player who can work independently as well.
· A hands-on, enthusiastic self-starter who assumes responsibility
Sounds interesting? Submit your application (motivation letter and CV) as soon as possible however not later than October 30, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact our People & Culture Manager Gabriela Zürcher, Tel. +41 79 753 20 94. If you have any questions about the job, please contact General Counsel Magnus Holmquist, Tel. +41 79 246 30 08.
We look forward to receiving your online application in English!