Oferty pracy > Business Developer, Textile Products
Opis stanowiska pracy
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. Our office operates in Istanbul as a part of Purchasing & Logistics Area South under IKEA Supply.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe in discovering and developing the talent in each of us. We offer positions that challenge your skills and inspire you to grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
We are currently looking for a Business Developer in Category Textile Products, based in Istanbul. The Business Developer is responsible for securing excellence in running operations by optimizing the purchasing opportunities, securing and developing the performance of existing Suppliers, to build an efficient supplier structure. They are also responsible to coordinate the Purchasing Team to ensure the best result.
- Everybody is seen as a talent. In regular informal talks with your manager, you can explore your assignment and personal development. We will support you on the way by internal and external trainings.
- To learn and grow in the business field. We embrace making mistakes and learning from them.
- Gain knowledge and experience about cooperation with suppliers that at IKEA we treat as partners with whom we create long-term relationships.
- You can have the confidence and freedom to do things your own way, including organizing your time. Becoming a Business Team member you act to contribute to team priorities and goals.
- Use opportunities for learning and growth working with suppliers! You will be able to meet various manufacturing companies, understand new and different technologies, people, and cultures.
You will be a part of a micro-team consisting of a Production Engineer, who takes care of production process and quality, and a Supply Planner, who handles logistics. Based on the analysis with your learning and innovative thinking you will contribute to an action plan to reduce production costs or develop a better design for customers, all within the framework of sustainability and ethical business practices.
Business Developer will together with a team:
- Evaluate the total value chain and identify opportunities to optimize costs of IKEA products.
- Lead the business agenda by involving & engaging the competence needed, such as logistics, quality, manufacturing, sustainability, etc.
- Together with each supplier set the goals and create action plans based on the Category directions that will enhance the full potential of the business.
- Negotiate with suppliers according to IKEA values and guidelines.
- Evaluate and develop existing production capacities.
- Build effective and actively maintain relations with suppliers.
- Be responsible that suppliers meet social and environmental standards.
- Be responsible for delivery and quality performance.
- Secure the right competence to challenge and develop suppliers.
- In all situationsact as an IKEA Ambassador.
Please read what you need for the role:
- You have economic and finance background, understanding of a company financials, able to work with the cost breakdown, the price is alpha and omega for us,
- Passion for the business and the end-goal, both will come in handy when cooperating with suppliers, you have to be a strict but fair, solution-oriented person, concentrating energy on fixing all the normal business issues,
- You will use the art of dealing with people, empathy, and good communication skills, in interacting with your small micro-team and in dealing with suppliers and many other stakeholders in the IKEA supply chain,
- Analytical skills are necessary for working with numbers, when preparing for negotiating prices, or when setting priorities for your work, which is usually high-paced and demanding,
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken),
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business development and purchasing.
- Preferably from a textile background.
People within IKEA value a culture of humbleness and open-mindedness. We don't have a rigid hierarchy system and encourage everyone to talk to anyone, and we don't have a dress code. We are characterized by enjoying long discussions and a relaxed, natural order with a great deal of personal responsibility. We want people to be proactive, engaged, internally motivated for results, and eager to learn.
If you are also passionate about home furnishing, please submit your application in English as soon as possible however not later than 15th of August 2022.
If you want to be part of creating a better everyday life to the many customers and do it with a great team, this could be the right challenge for you. We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.