Oferty pracy > Production Engineer (m/f/d) - Category Ceramics
Opis stanowiska pracy
We are building a betterIKEA where we lead the business and create growth in a simplified and better way, based on our culture, values and with customers and people in focus. Creating a better IKEA Purchasing has the aim to ensure that our ways of working enable IKEA to grow and develop according to Growing IKEA Together 2023 and beyond.
We are now looking to recruit a Production Engineer to join our exciting journey!
If you are the right person for this position, we can offer you an assignment in a global organization with great development potential, where your ideas are heard and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”!
We seek a Production Engineer (m/f/d) for Ceramics, at Purchasing & Logistics Area North - based in Dortmund, permanent employment, fulltime.
As a Production Engineer will lead the engineering and quality agenda with the overall goal to improve the customer satisfaction. As part of the business team you will work together with the suppliers to develop and secure the production process, handling of quality deviations and secure compliance to all IKEA requirements.
Production Engineer will together with a team:
- Secure Quality Assuranceincluding supporting for implementing process control for key processes in production
- Perform product auditsand production risk assessmentsat supplier
- Lead the running rangeat the suppliers to secure full compliance of IKEA requirements
- Lead the supplier developmentfor quality and manufacturing with responsibility to identify and implement actions and execution of Supplier Development Process projects
- Lead product deviation processes, securing root-cause analysis and implementation of corrective/preventive actions
- Secureimplementation of new and update requirements
- Securefinal inspection and regular follow up and feedback to the suppliers regarding quality performance
- Contribute to product developmentwith customer needs in focus
- In all situations act as an IKEA ambassador
Is this the right challenge for you?
We are looking for you who have:
- Experience in production environment and/or process/product development
- Experience or knowledge in Ceramics based manufacturing is an advantage
- Engineering degree or equivalent technical background
- Understanding of customers' needs and expectations
- Good communication skills; will and ability to work in team
- Good balance between overall view and details
- Very good computer software skills (MS Office applications)
- Driving license Cat. B
- Competence and/or experience working with continuous improvement methodologies and Lean 6 Sigma would be considered as an advantage
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. German is an advantage.
Note that the job requires frequent travelling.
Capabilities & Motivation
- Process oriented with good analytical skills and a structured approach
- Ability to lead projects and implementations to secure product quality and customer satisfaction for a reasonable price
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems with a holistic view as well as always act with the customer, supplier and total IKEA in mind
- Ability to share and live IKEA values
- Genuinely interested in understanding the reality of production and continuous improvements
- Result oriented, high energy and self-driven way of working to deliver better products for the many people
- Sense of urgency and prioritization without any compromise on quality
- Eager to actively search for information and continuously learn from good examples and mistakes
- Engage and motivate people by sharing experiences and coaching others
- Interest and drive to build trust and long-term partnership to reach common goals
We offer you varied work tasks both in the office and at IKEA suppliers with a fun, friendly, non-hierarchical, open and international team atmosphere. Moreover, you have a wide range of education and self-development possibilities. We also hope you want to contribute with your unique competence to IKEAs future growth!
Submit your application online via our recruitment system SmartRecruiters as soon as possible, but latest on February 2nd, 2022. If you have any questions regarding the position, please send an email to the recruiting team via SmartRecruiters and we will come back to you.
Our culture and values are based on equal opportunities, and we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
We look forward to receiving your application!