Are you driven and have the passion to develop the future digital products of IKEA Core Business Franchise and create a better everyday life for the many people? Do you want to work in a challenging and rewarding position with big impact on the many people around the world, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. (Core Business Franchise) is part of Inter IKEA Group. Inter IKEA Group consists of three core businesses in total: Franchise, Range & Supply and Industry. Our vision, to create a better everyday life for the many people, influences everything we do. It’s a vision that lives in the everyday efforts of all co-workers, all over the world.
Fulfilling the IKEA vision requires a strong, efficient and sustainable business setup. That's why it's built on a franchise system. The IKEA Franchisor, Inter IKEA Systems B.V., is the worldwide owner of the IKEA Concept, and has the responsibility to ensure that the IKEA Concept stays attractive and competitive while enabling growth and a profitable business for IKEA franchisees. Take time to explore the IKEA Franchise system here, and read more about us here.
About the role:
As a Front End Engineer (Dashboard & Data Visualization) you will be part of a product team within Finance and Business Support, leading the creation, development, and maintenance of visual analytics solutions such as dashboards and data visualizations that enable stakeholders from the IKEA value chain and franchise system to steer the organization upon actionable business performance analytics. You conduct regular analysis on user adoption of the product and provide input towards the team for feature requests. Together with the product team you will implement the desired features. In the product team you will work together with colleagues with complimentary skills (e.g. data scientist, data engineers, etc.) to efficiently deliver to the product roadmap.
• Determine the structure and design of the front-end parts (e.g. dashboards and data visualizations) of the assigned business performance product.
• Develop, test and maintain the visual and interactive components of the assigned product.
• Enhance the user experience and user interfaces, incl. user needs and data, implementing relevant degree of user experience in collaboration with relevant roles within the product team and across IKEA.
• Conduct user and customer analysis, draw conclusions for increased adoption and better business success.
• Ensure design is optimised for different devices and interfaces.
• Build reusable code and components that are optimized for speed, scalability and future use in line with the chosen media.
• Document and make the relevant know-how available.
• Solid experience in data visualisation, design, development and implementation of front-end parts (e.g. dashboards and web frontends).
• Applied experience in Visual Analytics Platforms like Tableau, PowerBI or Qlik (preferred)
• Expertise in user experience, usability and visual communication, using technology as an enabler.
• Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
• Experience using relevant coding languages, incl. knowledge in markup languages or advanced analytics visualisation methods.
• Experience in creating data models and understanding of data modelling methodologies.
• Extensive understanding of code versioning tools. • Knowledge of DevOps and agile ways of working.
• Experience in agile and/or traditional project methodologies.
• Experience working as integrated part of a Product Team.
Capabilities and Motivation:
• Motivated by working closely within a team and with colleagues possessing complimentary skills with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Excellent communication skill and good in interacting with many stakeholder.
• Solve problems proactively and navigate past road blocks and obstacles.
• Life-long learner and problem solver through new and improved ways of working with a strong focus on, and understanding of, users.
• Identify and act on opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Analyse, draw conclusions and act with holistic business and user understanding.
• Passion for retail and the possibilities that digital brings.
• Interest in what digital products can bring to the organisation
• Motivated to work in an environment of constant change.
Required/relevant work experience or educational background:
• Good Knowledge of the finance business processes and capability areas and how these can be enabled by technology supported though visual analytics products
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a data analyst, data visualisation developer or front end engineer or similar position
• Good understanding of general retail supply chain knowledge, processes and its relation to financial flows.
• Previous work in a retail organization would be an advantage.
• Good knowledge and work experience of financial and management reporting is a plus
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) and is located in Delft, The Netherlands. Traveling may be required based on business needs and after Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted. You will report to the Business Solution Area manager Finance & Business Performance.
22nd December is the closing date to apply for this role. Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation in English. Please note that this recruitment will stretch over the Christmas holidays, and will therefore entail a longer lead time than the usual process. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work as a Front End Engineer within the BSA Finance & Business Performance and why you would be a good fit for this role.