Oferty pracy > Concept Description Usability Specialist, specialised in interaction design, IKEA Retail Experience, Core Business Franchise
Opis stanowiska pracy
You see things a little differently. So do we! Are you ready to make a difference and grow? Come see things a little differently with us.
About Inter IKEA Systems B.V. (Core Business Franchise)
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. owns the IKEA Concept and is the worldwide IKEA franchisor. We are specifically responsible for the IKEA strategic framework, ensuring the IKEA Concept is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up – together with all IKEA trademark users.
An important part of our success is our unique culture and open working environment. Together, we create a workplace where everyone feels free to be themselves – to experiment, try new ways, and dare to ask, “What if…?” We believe in everyday personal growth and offer the opportunity to develop your career globally. Read more about us at: franchisor.IKEA.com.
The IKEA Concept Description team documents the IKEA Concept and related information for reference and effective use by the IKEA franchisees. As Concept Description Usability Specialists we work on structurally improving the user experience of the IKEA Concept Description for the IKEA co-workers around the world. For this we maintain and incrementally improve the current situation, as well as work on more fundamental steps forward.
Especially for those fundamental substantial improvements – innovations – we are looking for a new member of our team who will do new interaction designs improving the usability. For that working closely together with other UX specialists as well as other professionals. Acting on feedback from colleagues who have your designs tested. Structurally improving our usability scores/KPI’s with the designs of the team you are part of.
The ideal candidate is willing and able to:
- work in and across enterprise level organizations: Inter IKEA Systems B.V., IKEA of Sweden, Ingka and other retail organisations etc.
- work within given design boundaries because of system characteristics, future developments, corporate (UX) design standards, set vision etc.
- base your design on both generic UX and specific UX knowledge: applying UX patterns, standards, good practices and generic UX research, basing your design decisions on that, as well as on specific user data and testing.
- closely cooperate while adhering to your specific role within the bigger picture, as other colleagues are working on closely related designs of for instance navigation and search.
- think and advise beyond own role and current technical possibilities being aware of the bigger picture: the overall user experience, potential future systems capabilities, organisational realities, need to achieve short and long term (business) results.
- balance design considerations with other realities
- come up with whatever kind of solution that is needed, either highly traditional or totally out of the box, depending on what is fitting.
- be really hands on, do rapid prototyping and visual designcreating both early and late stage interaction designs meeting requirements, working agile. As well as do content (management) related activities, detailing, low level activities or whatever, if need arises.
- use or learn to use relevant tools and systems, including Figma, Atlassian Jira, Miro, WCAG2.1, IKEA Digital Design System, IKEA Skapa, Microsoft Office and Teams.
- further develop yourself as a UX professional, as well as supporting others in that,and being an advocate/supporter of UX together with fellow specialists. Bringing operational colleagues up to speed, helping them to grow next level and into the new situation.
- be a fun, engaged and involved team member of both a geographically spread programme and line team. As well as a communicative bridgebuilder in general.
And also has either the formal qualification or similar level of working, thinking and knowledge of a master in interaction design or related field. More specifically you are knowledgable about different user research methods, UX roles, UX deliverables, UX process, interaction design patterns, information design, visual design, navigation design, social media design, as well as – to a relevant extend – of specialised and related fields such as information architecture, search, globalization, accessibility, web technology, web 2.0 and 3.0, 3D/VR/AR, content management systems, etc.
In this role, you report directly to the IKEA Concept Description Usability Manager. That said, it’s critical to work cross-functionally with other colleagues particularly in CBF and in other IKEA organisations.
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) and is located in Delft, the Netherlands, though some travel may be required (after the COVID-19 restrictions and terms are clear).
Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English by 29 January 2021. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work at Inter IKEA Systems and why you would be a good fit for this role.