Who you are
Product UX Designer
It is a great time to be in Digital Experience Design at IKEA!
At Ventures & Services we strive to find and open opportunities for the many people in new areas such as Sustainability and B2B. You can help us explore and shape this bold new future for IKEA.
Our ambition is to create the best-in-class digital experience for customers and co-workers alike, constantly listening and learning from them, creating those experiences with them, iterating and improving in perpetuity.
Our team consists of digital entrepreneurs, product, design, data, and engineers alike, working together on a daily basis to define next level human centric experiences, products and services, that will improve the lives of everyone around us. We would like you to join our team, so we can ensure a future where we leave the world in a better state as where it is today.
WHO YOU ARE
As a Product UX Designer in our team, you will help explore and design the user experience for billions of customers and 166,000+ co-workers around the world. You will work in a highly collaborative cross-functional team across Design, Product, Data and Engineering, to deliver world-class digital experiences. We are especially looking for candidates whose experience includes:
• Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field).
• 3-4+ years working on leading and producing innovative, world-class design and experiences to drive the direction for customer and/or co-worker facing digital experiences.
• Experience across the entire design process, building and iterating on a product or experiences based on usage patterns, user feedback and an evolving strategic landscape.
• Experience defining and creating value propositions connected to business goals.
• Expert proficiency with Figma and/or other design tools such as Sketch.
• Expert understanding of design system theory and execution.
• Experience creating and delivering digital products and services.
• A portfolio that demonstrates high-quality design outcomes, contributing to user experience and business value.
• Strong communication skills to share your findings and approaches with technical and business stakeholders
What you'll be doing day to day
To succeed in the role, we see that you carry out many of the following:
• Together with Product, lead and execute discovery work to identify user needs, explore future experiences and turn concepts into product UX design.
• Defining strong evidenced-based design rationales and communicating and advocating those decisions to a variety of stakeholders and teams.
• Participate and help setup brainstorming, design sprints, human-centred design workshops and other co-creative design methods to bring the UX and Design strategy to life.
• Implementing and promoting design deliverables to key stakeholders up to Digital Experience and Domain Leadership.
• Contribute to identifying research opportunities, planning and undertaking research and testing relevant to your product area.
• Collaborate with other designers to test ideas, share challenges, provide feedback and build quality in your practice.
• Present and communicate design work to a range of different audiences.
Together as a team
At Group Digital, we set the global digital agenda in order to enable IKEA to become the world's leading multichannel home furnishing company. We drive the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services using new and existing technology with agile delivery methods. At the same time, we provide a home for digital skills to both develop and extend technical, people and business skills needed to continuous development and growth.
Where our Digital Transformation is allowing us to create new ways we meet and interact with our customers and co-workers, our Digital Experience Design team is responsible for shaping what the future actually looks like. The team has a clear vision: to create everyday digital experiences for the many people through our human-centric methodologies that enable design, inspiration and innovation.
Five principles guide us
• Design puts people first
• Design brings confidence to decisions
• Design is a catalyst for growth
• Design brings ideas to life
• Design empowers the many people
Studies show that members of underrepresented communities don’t apply for jobs unless they’re 100% “qualified”. If this is part of why you hesitate to apply, we would like you to reconsider and give it a chance. Maybe your profile fits our needs much better than you think. We look forward to receiving your application.