The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
As an Interior Design Manager, your job is to lead and manage a team of interior design co-workers to create relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that contribute to positioning the IKEA brand as the leader in life at home and increase interest for home furnishing in the local market.
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of people’s needs and wants, their living situations and living conditions in local market. Together with team, use this knowledge to provide relevant, functional, affordable, beautiful, inspiring and sustainable home furnishing solutions that improve people’s life at home.
- Work with team to show solutions in many different styles, functions and price profiles to fit many individual tastes and to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA product range.
- Responsible to ensure up-to-date room settings, homes and vignettes thereby creating vitality throughout these areas which exceed our visitor’s expectations.
- Analyse the IKEA Customer Satisfaction survey, Brand Capital and other visitor feedback and use these insights to improve the store experience of our visitors and convert them into satisfied customers.
- Actively support Communication and Interior Design (Com&In) manager in implementing the store business plan and the department action plan. I do this to support the optimisation of sales and our long-term growth.
- Extensive experience of working in an interior design team within IKEA, a retail interior design team or interior design studio. Higher education qualification in interior design
- A passion and curiosity for, and understanding of, people’s life at home
- Ability to recreate the brand identity in a large space using the architectural elements of the building to create an aesthetically pleasing environment and support the brand’s visual identity
- Creative and commercial visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics
- Ability to prioritise and organise own work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available
- Confident in communicating, coaching and managing/ leading others
- Ability to adjust the style of communication to get the message across to the receiver and explain concepts and visual interpretation verbally
- Ability to read and fully understand written English
Please apply by 31-Mar-2023.