Oferty pracy > Interior Designer - B2B | IKEA | Al Ain
Opis stanowiska pracy
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the ability to generate new ideas and concepts. You have a passion for home furnishing, retailing, design and how people live at home. You are able to draw, visualise and present ideas. You have the ability to work in a fast retail environment. You are enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team.
What's more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Degree in Interior Designing or Architecture
- Experience of working with interior design in a retail environment.
- 3 - 4years experience in same field
- Retail and home furnishing experience
- Visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics.
- Good attention to detail.
- Practical hands-on approach to work.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using relevant software (e.g. AutoCad, Sketch up).
- Understand life at home in the local market.
- Proficient in using MS Office application
About the role
You are responsible for creating relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that contribute to positioning the IKEA Brand in the local market as the leader in life at home. You work with the visual presentation of the IKEA product range in the Furniture Showroom. All designing, presentations and communications as per IKEA standards.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Assist in planning in-house projects and in preparing drawings and perspectives accordingly to IKEA Concept.
- Implement and maintain all interiors and displays in the showroom.
- Conduct daily inspection of the showroom and ensure that damages are corrected immediately.
- Support the planning and implementation of the store commercial calendar.
- Maintain all areas in the store in accordance to IKEA standards.
- Follow IKEA manuals to produce functional home furnishing solutions within the store
- Get involved in other projects relating to activities that are carried out in the store from time to time. This may include rebuilding business area, based on feedback from range relating to changed priorities, or poor performance of the area.
- Assist Visual Merchandisers as and when required, in projects or activities that are planned for the store.
- Show customers the extension of the range coordination, and various ideas and proposals for different rooms in the house, living and realistic, complete with accessories.
- Plan and decorate the room sets to be inspirational for the customers and offer home furnishing solutions
- Assist the customer with solutions for their homes.
# Kindly submit your portfolio with some of your best interior design work in 5-7slides while submitting your application.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.